Sargodha University MA English Paper-V American Literature Past Papers 2016
Here you can download Past Papers of Paper-V American Literature, MA English Part One, 1st & 2nd Annual Examination, 2016 University of Sargodha.
American Literature UOS Past Papers 2016
Paper-V(American Literature) 1st Annual Exam.2016
Time: 3 Hours New Course Marks:100
Note: Objective Part is Compulsory. Attempt any four
questions from subjective part.
Q.1: Write short answers of the following in two lines each on the answer book. (20)
- What does Abigail run away in the end?
- What do you know about Tituba?
- Why does Lavinia say, “I hate love”?
- Why does Adam Brant take revenge on Ezra Mannon?
- Why is there tension between Joe and Violet?
- Who is Golden Gray and why is he named so?
- Who is Rinaldi?
- What does rain symbolize in A farewell to Arms?
- What does the sea symbolize in The Painter?
- What is the theme of O Captain! My Captain.
Q.2: Write historical and cultural background of the play The Crucible.
Q.3: Illustrate Mourning Becomes Electra as a psychological drama of Lust.
Q.4: Discuss the various themes in Jazz.
Q.5: Examine critically the significance of the title A Farewell to Arms.
Q.6: Discuss Ashbery as a modern poet.
Q.7: Critically evaluate one the following poems:
- Mending Wall
- Still Citizen Sparrow.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Tell us the info you need and we’ll get back to you. Send your Query via Facebook click here