Sargodha University MA English Paper-II Drama -I Past Papers 2017
Here you can download Past Papers of Paper-II Drama -I, MA English Part One, 1st & 2nd Annual Examination, 2017 University of Sargodha.
Drama -I UOS Past Papers 2017
Paper-II(Classical Drama) 1st Annual Exam.2017
Time: 3 Hours Marks:100
Note: Objective Part is Compulsory. Attempt any four questions from subjective part.
Q.1: Write short answers of the following in two lines each on the answer book. (20)
- What is the other name of Appolo used in “Oedipus Rex’?
- How does Creon treat blind Oedipus in the end?
- What is meant by the Machiavellian statement “End justifies the means”?
- Why is Barabas angry with the three Jews?
- Why does Desdemona marry Othello?
- Who is the first character to refer to Othello by name?
- Who is “The Tempest’ says: “He that dies pays all debts”.
- Introduce Boatswain.
- How is Algernon a dandy in ‘The Importance of Being Earnest’?
- When is Cecily bad and good for lady Bracknell?
Q.2: Is ‘Oedipus Rex’ a tragedy of fate or character? Quote text to prove you point.
Q.3: “Jew of Malta’ is a tragic-comedy: Satire of religious hypocrisy and Machiavellian scheming. Agree or disagree with examples.
Q.4: “Iago is the most evil but also the most fascinating character in the play ‘Othellow’”, How?
Q.5: The so-called civilized characters are far worse than the ‘uncivilized’ Caliban. Discuss.
Q.6: Why is ‘The Importance of Being Earnest’ considered a comedy of Manners? What elements of this literary genre are included in the play?
Q.7: Give precise character sketch (in not more than 300 words) of the following:
a. Abigail b. Cassio
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Tell us the info you need and we’ll get back to you. Send your Query via Facebook click here or Fill the following Form.