Sargodha University MA English Paper-XI Linguistics Past Papers 2015
Here you can download Past Papers of Paper-XI Linguistics, MA English Part Two, 1st & 2nd Annual Examination, 2015 University of Sargodha.
Linguistics UOS Past Papers 2015
M.A. English Part – II
Paper-XI(Linguistics) 1st A. Exam.2015
Time: 3 Hours (New Course) Marks:100
Note: Objective part is compulsory. Attempt any four questions from subjective part.
Q.1: Write short answers of the following in two lines each on the answer book. (2*10)
- What is Displacement in the study of language?
- What is form function relationship?
- What are infixes?
- What is the difference between connotative meaning and denotative meanings?
- What is generative Grammar?
- What are minimal parirs?
- What is language lateralization?
- What is the difference between derivational morpheme and inflectional morpheme?
- What is the difference between voiced and voiceless sounds?
- What is the difference between code mixing and code switching?
Q.2: When psycholinguists say language is biologically based, do they mean that language has no social or cultural basis?
Q.3: Write a note on the following
- Competence and Performance
- Syntagmatic and Paradigmatic Relationship
Q.4: What is morphology? What are some of the ways of word formation?
Q.5: What is immediate constituent analysis (IC analysis)? What are its limitations?
Q.6: What is articulatory phonetics? Explain with special reference to place and manner of articulation.
Q.7: What are meanings and what are some of the theories of semantics?
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Tell us the info you need and we’ll get back to you. Send your Query via Facebook click here