Sargodha University MA English Paper-XI Linguistics Past Papers 2018
Here you can download Past Papers of Paper-XI Linguistics, MA English Part Two, 1st & 2nd Annual Examination, 2018 University of Sargodha.
Linguistics UOS Past Papers 2018
M.A. English Part – II
Paper: XI(Linguistics) 1st A. Exam.2018
Time: 3 Hours Marks:100
Note: Objective part is compulsory. Attempt any four questions from subjective part.
Q.1: Write short answers of the following in two lines each on the answer book. (2*10)
- What is Diachrony and Synchrony?
- What is displacement in language?
- What is the difference between Signifier and Signified?
- What is the difference between Phoneme and Phone?
- What is the difference between Aspect and Tense?
- What is generative grammar?
- Differentiate code mixing with code switching.
- What is form function relationship?
- What is brain lateralization?
- Sociolinguistics is the study of language with society. Discuss.
Q.2: How does the universality of language support the view that language is biologically based?
Q.3: Consider the main views of language i.e. generative, functionalists and socio-cultural in terms of approaches to language teaching, identifying methods that would be appropriate or compatible with each approach.
Q.4: What is the study of Morphology? Compare and contrast the derivational morphemes with inflectional morphemes?
Q.5: Summarize the Semantic Field Theory.
Q.6: What is a dialect and how a dialect attains the status of a standard language?
Q.7: What is meant by style and how stylistics is different from the literacy criticism?
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Tell us the info you need and we’ll get back to you. Send your Query via Facebook click here or Fill the following Form.