Watch all News TV live streaming online for free Click Here
Course Outline for Pakistan Studies
(Implemented w.e.f 1st Annual Examinations, 2009)
A Compulsory Course of Two Credit Hours for Under-Graduate Studies and BA/B.Sc Pass Course of 40 marks as compulsory course.
Objectives: The objectives of this course are to acquaint the students with:
- Two Nation Theory and Ideology of Pakistan
- Historical background of creation of Pakistan
- Two Nation Theory in its historical context definition and interpretations
- Quaid-i-Azam and his political ideas.
- Political Dynamics of Pakistan
- Constitutional of development in Pakistan. (1947-73)
- Salient features of constitution of Pakistan 1973.
- Institutions of Pakistan: political parties, bureaucracy, army, judiciary and media.
- Problems of Pakistan as a Federal State.
- Socio-Economic Issues of Pakistan.
- Economical Problem.
- Social and demographic issues.
- Diplomatic Dynamics of Pakistan.
- Determinants and objectives of Pakistan’s foreign policy.
- Pakistan’s relations with its neighboring countries.
- Pakistan and the Muslim World ( A comprehensive review of foreign policy of Pakistan)
- Javed Ahmad Sheikh, Pakistan’s Political, Economic and Diplomatic Dynamics, Lahore: Kitabistan Paper Products.
- Other relevant readings for the individual subjects shall be recommended by the teacher during the course.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Tell us the info you need and we’ll get back to you. Send your Query via Facebook click here or Fill the following Form.