Watch all News TV live streaming online for freeClick Here
Course Outline for Pakistan Studies
(Implemented w.e.f 1st Annual Examinations, 2009)
A Compulsory Course of Two Credit Hours for Under-Graduate Studies and BA/B.Sc Pass Course of 40 marks as compulsory course.
Objectives: The objectives of this course are to acquaint the students with:
- Two Nation Theory and Ideology of Pakistan
- Historical background of creation of Pakistan
- Two Nation Theory in its historical context definition and interpretations
- Quaid-i-Azam and his political ideas.
- Political Dynamics of Pakistan
- Constitutional of development in Pakistan. (1947-73)
- Salient features of constitution of Pakistan 1973.
- Institutions of Pakistan: political parties, bureaucracy, army, judiciary and media.
- Problems of Pakistan as a Federal State.
- Socio-Economic Issues of Pakistan.
- Economical Problem.
- Social and demographic issues.
- Diplomatic Dynamics of Pakistan.
- Determinants and objectives of Pakistan’s foreign policy.
- Pakistan’s relations with its neighboring countries.
- Pakistan and the Muslim World ( A comprehensive review of foreign policy of Pakistan)
- Javed Ahmad Sheikh, Pakistan’s Political, Economic and Diplomatic Dynamics, Lahore: Kitabistan Paper Products.
- Other relevant readings for the individual subjects shall be recommended by the teacher during the course.