Sargodha University MA English Paper-IV Prose Past Papers 2015
Here you can download Past Papers of Paper-IV Prose, MA English Part One, 1st & 2nd Annual Examination, 2015 University of Sargodha.
Prose UOS Past Papers 2015
Paper-IV(Prose) 1st Annual Exam.2015
Time: 3 Hours New Course Marks:100
Note: Objective Part is Compulsory. Attempt any four questions from subjective part.
Q.1: Write short answers of the following in two lines each on the answer book. (20)
- How, according to Bacon, men are servant and how they are master in Of Great Place?
- Why Bacon used “OF” before starting his essays?
- Discuss that the charge of misanthropy against Swift is a serious misunderstanding.
- How Gulliver’s Travels is a political allegory?
- What are some of the autobiographical elements found in Lamb’s essays?
- What according to Ruskin is The Crown of Wild Olive stand for?
- What is the message of War given by Ruskin?
- What are a couple of qualities of Russll’s prose style?
- Why is Russell called a prophet?
- What is post colonialism, according to Edward Said?
Q.2: Comments on the following lines:
“If parts allure thee how Bacon shin’d,
The wisest, brightest and meanest of mankind”
Q.3: Discuss Gulliver’s Travels as more than a romantic tale.
Q.4: How can you prove that the pathos is the hallmark of Lamb’s essays?
Q.5: What is the function of a teacher in present day society, according to Russell?
Q.6: Give a critical estimate of ‘Florence Nightingale’ by Lytton Strachey.
Q.7: Keeping ‘Culture and Imperialism in mind what is the place of Edward Said as a political thinker of the twenty first century.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Tell us the info you need and we’ll get back to you. Send your Query via Facebook click here or Fill the following Form.