Sargodha University MA English Paper-IV Prose Past Papers 2016
Here you can download Past Papers of Paper-IV Prose, MA English Part One, 1st & 2nd Annual Examination, 2016 University of Sargodha.
Prose UOS Past Papers 2016
Paper-IV(Prose) 1st Annual Exam.2016
Time: 3 Hours New Course Marks:100
Note: Objective Part is Compulsory. Attempt any four questions from subjective part.
Q.1: Write short answers of the following in two lines each on the answer book. (20)
- What is meant by simulation and dissimulation?
- “The rising unto place is laborious” Explain the statement.
- What is Horatian satire?
- In Gulliver’s fourth voyage, what is the name of the ship Gulliver captians?
- What is the fault in humanity that Gulliver cannot be patient with-even though he is not provoked by pickpockets, fools, gamesters, whoremongers, lawyers, colonels, and physicians?
- What, according to Russell, is the main purpose of writing his essays?
- Explain the quote “When he sits in place he is another man’ (of great place).
- Why does Said refer to various novelists?
- What is the etymological root of Houyhnhm or horse in the Houyhnhm language?
- What do you know about Bloomsbury group?
Q.2: Explain Blakes verdict on Bacon’s essays as “Good advice for Satan’s kingdom.’
Q.3: Which pose write you like the most and why? Give concrete evidences from the texts which you have studied.
Q.4: Trace the development of Gulliver’s outlook and mentality in the course of his voyages. Would you regard it as a healthy and welcome development?
Q.5: Discuss the style of Lytton Strachey in the light of Eminent Victorians.
Q.6: Elaborate Russells’s view that one of the most important tasks of the teacher is to inculcate tolerance in his students.
Q.7: Discuss Edward Said’s view on American Imperialism with reference to the present day situation.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Tell us the info you need and we’ll get back to you. Send your Query via Facebook click here