Sargodha University MA English Paper-X Short Stories Past Papers 2015
Here you can download Past Papers of Paper-X Short Stories, MA English Part Two, 1st & 2nd Annual Examination, 2015 University of Sargodha.
Short Stories UOS Past Papers 2015
M.A. English Part – II
Paper-V-(Short Stories) 1st A. Exam.2015
Time: 3 Hours (New Course) Marks:100
Note: Objective part is compulsory. Attempt any four questions from subjective part.
Q.1: Write short answers of the following in two lines each on the answer book. (2*10)
- Define short Story?
- What two techniques James Joyce has used in “The Dead”?
- In ‘The Diviner’ What was the reason of Tom’s death?
- In The Voice why Rev. Frank Lewis considered Rev. Morgan as a devil?
- What is the dominant theme in “Once Upon a Time” by Nadine Gordimer?
- What is the importance of the friend in “The Judgement”?
- What is the significance of ‘nothing puzzles God’ in Civil Peace?
- What does the title “The Property of Woman’s suggest. Describe briefly?
- What is the major theme in Kamua Braithwaiter’s Dream Haiti?
- What symbolic significance the ‘hat’ has in Everything that Rises Must Converge?
Q.2: The Tale is a manifestation of a culture’s desire to name its place and the sketch depicts some phenomenon of one culture. Discuss short story as a fusion of sketch and tale?
Q.3: How has H.E. Bates rendered suspense and interest to his story ‘The Woman Who had Imagination?
Q.4: In ‘The Voice from the Wall” Amy Tan reveals her insight into the alienation experienced by those who are displaced from their own surroundings. Discuss.
Q.5: Give an elaborate account of the story ‘My Son the Fanastic’ by Hanif Kureshi.
Q.6: James Joyce’s The Dead “defies the conventional form of the short story regarding its characteristics and stylistic techniques. Discuss.
Q.7: Critically analyze the story ‘The Judgment’ by Kafka.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Tell us the info you need and we’ll get back to you. Send your Query via Facebook click here or Fill the following Form.