Sargodha University MA English Paper-X Short Stories Past Papers 2016
Here you can download Past Papers of Paper-X Short Stories, MA English Part Two, 1st & 2nd Annual Examination, 2017 University of Sargodha.
Short Stories UOS Past Papers 2016
M.A. English Part – II
Paper-V-(Short Stories) 1st A. Exam.2016
Time: 3 Hours (New Course) Marks:100
Note: Objective part is compulsory. Attempt any four questions from subjective part.
Q.1: Write short answers of the following in two lines each on the answer book. (2*10)
- Write the names of any two short stories in your syllabus with the theme of racism.
- Why does the old man want to commit suicide in “A Clean Well Lighted Place”?
- Who is the writer of the short story “What the Tapster Saw”?
- What is Ali’s Point of view in “My Son the Fanatic”?
- Who is Miss Furlong in “The Dead”?
- Write the name of two main Characters in “The Voice”.
- What is Lawrance thesis about nature in “The Man who Loved Island”?
- What was given as a Christmas gift to the couple in “Once Upon a Time”?
- In which country was Amy Tan born?
- In which year did Mahfooz receive Nobel Prize for Literature?
Q.2: What are the essential elements of a short story? How does it differ from novel?
Q.3: Justify the title of the short story “Civil Peace” by Chinua Achebe.
Q.4: How does Sara Sulehri Depict the city of Lahore in her short story “The Property of Woman”?
Q.5: What makes “The Dead” by Joyce one of the finest examples of the modern short story?
Q.6: How does Alice Walker Satirise racial and colour discrimination in her story “Strong Horse Tea”?
Q.7: What are the main themes in the short story “Once Upon A Time” by Nadine gordimer.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Tell us the info you need and we’ll get back to you. Send your Query via Facebook click here