Sargodha University MA English Paper-X Short Stories Past Papers 2017
Here you can download Past Papers of Paper-X Short Stories, MA English Part Two, 1st & 2nd Annual Examination, 2017 University of Sargodha.
Short Stories UOS Past Papers 2017
M.A. English Part – II
Paper-V/X(Short Stories) 1st A. Exam.2017
Time: 3 Hours Marks:100
Note: Objective part is compulsory. Attempt any four questions from subjective part.
Q.1: Write short answers of the following in two lines each on the answer book. (2*10)
- Ivan Ivanich bore strange hyphenated name in The Man Who Lived in a Shell. What was it?
- What is Burkin’s view about Mavra in The Man Who Lived in a Shell?
- What did the song The Lass of Aughrim remind Gretta in the Dead by James Joyce?
- What difference did the narrator observe in the tribe of clerks (The Man of the Crowd)?
- Why did George Bendemann’s old fried decamp to Russia (The Judgment by Franz Kafka)?
- How did Morgan, the unfrocked priest, enter the church in The Voice?
- Why is the older waiter reluctant to close the café every night? (A Clean, Well-Lighted Place)
- Briefly sketch the character of Henry’s father in the story The Woman Who Had Imagination.
- What is the dominant theme in the stories by Naguib Mahfouz?
- What do you know about the setting of The Property of Woman by Sara Suleri?
Q.2: Ben Okri’s What the Tapster Saw is a symbolic story. Do you agree? Illustrate your answer with reference to the text.
Q.3: Jonathan Iwegbu is the most inspiring character in Civil Peace by Chinua Achebe. Elaborate the given statement highlighting the optimistic attitude as strength of his character.
Q.4: Discuss the Mummy Awakens by Naguib Mahfooz as a model of allegorical historical fiction.
Q.5: “Imagination! It needed a bit of imagination to marry that old cock”. Discuss the statement from the Woman who Had Imagination.
Q.6: State Hemingway’s philosophy of life as you find in A Clean Well Lighted Place.
Q.7: Comment on the title of the story The Judgment. How is the title related to the relation between the father and the son depicted in the story?
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Tell us the info you need and we’ll get back to you. Send your Query via Facebook click here or Fill the following Form.