Sargodha University MA English Paper-II Drama -I Past Papers 2017
Here you can download Past Papers of Paper-II Drama -I, MA English Part One, 1st & 2nd Annual Examination, 2017 University of Sargodha.
Drama -I UOS Past Papers 2017
Paper-II(Classical Drama) 1st Annual Exam.2017
Time: 3 Hours Marks:100
Note: Objective Part is Compulsory. Attempt any four questions from subjective part.
Q.1: Write short answers of the following in two lines each on the answer book. (20)
- What is the other name of Appolo used in “Oedipus Rex’?
- How does Creon treat blind Oedipus in the end?
- What is meant by the Machiavellian statement “End justifies the means”?
- Why is Barabas angry with the three Jews?
- Why does Desdemona marry Othello?
- Who is the first character to refer to Othello by name?
- Who is “The Tempest’ says: “He that dies pays all debts”.
- Introduce Boatswain.
- How is Algernon a dandy in ‘The Importance of Being Earnest’?
- When is Cecily bad and good for lady Bracknell?
Q.2: Is ‘Oedipus Rex’ a tragedy of fate or character? Quote text to prove you point.
Q.3: “Jew of Malta’ is a tragic-comedy: Satire of religious hypocrisy and Machiavellian scheming. Agree or disagree with examples.
Q.4: “Iago is the most evil but also the most fascinating character in the play ‘Othellow’”, How?
Q.5: The so-called civilized characters are far worse than the ‘uncivilized’ Caliban. Discuss.
Q.6: Why is ‘The Importance of Being Earnest’ considered a comedy of Manners? What elements of this literary genre are included in the play?
Q.7: Give precise character sketch (in not more than 300 words) of the following:
a. Abigail b. Cassio
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Tell us the info you need and we’ll get back to you.