Sargodha University MA English Paper-VII Drama-II Past Papers 2017
Here you can download Past Papers of Paper-VII Drama-II, MA English Part Two, 1st & 2nd Annual Examination, 2017 University of Sargodha.
Drama-II UOS Past Papers 2017
M.A. English Part – II
Paper-II(Drama-II) 1st A. Exam.2017
Time: 3 Hours Marks:100
Note: Objective part is compulsory. Attempt any four questions from subjective part.
Q.1: Write short answers of the following in two lines each on the answer book. (2*10)
- Mention Hedda’s life before and after marriage.
- Why is Hedda called “a female Hamlet” in ‘Hedda Gabler’?
- How does Act 1 of ‘Arms and the Man’ introduce the themes of the play?
- Who says in ‘Arms and the Man’: “Act as if you expected to have your own way, not as if you expected to be ordered about”?
- What does Lucky’s “Dance in a Net’ symbolize?
- What benefit does Pozzo get from his blindness?
- Who says in “The Cherry Orchard”: “Well, good-bye, old man. It’s time to get. Here we stand pulling one another’s noses, but life goes its own way all the time”.
- What did anya do in Paris?
- Differentiate between theme and motif.
- Give a pen-picture of Rose with reference to ‘The Sea’.
Q.2: Should “Hedda Gabler’ be considered a tragedy? How does it adhere (Or not adhere) to tragic characterization, structure, or catharsis?
Q.3: ‘Arms and the Man’ is an attempt on ‘reversal of values’. Elucidate.
Q.4: Is ‘Waiting for Godot’ about Godot or Wait? Justify your answer with strong arguments.
Q.5: How does the comic element in “The Cherry Orchard” enhance the tragic impact of the play?
Q.6: Examine Edward Bond’s use of symbolism, metaphor and surrealism in “The Sea”.
Q.7: Who deserves the better claim as “the father of modern drama” and how— Ibsen or Shaw?
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Tell us the info you need and we’ll get back to you.