Sargodha University MA Economics Paper-VIII Econometrics Theory and Application Past Papers 2017
Here you can download Past Papers of Paper-VIII Econometrics Theory and Application, MA Economics Part Two, 1st & 2nd Annual Examination, 2017 University of Sargodha.
Econometrics Theory and Application UOS Past Papers 2017
M.A. Economics Part – II
1st Annual Exams.2017
Time: 3 Hours Marks:100
Note: Objective part is compulsory. Attempt any four questions from subjective parts
Q.1:Write short answers of the following on your answer sheet in two lines only. (2*10)
- What are ingredients of econometric model?
- Differentiate between mathematical economics and econometrics.
- Why we estimate standardized coefficients.
- What is the format of ANOVA TABLE?
- How can you define the problem of perfect multicollinearity?
- What are the consequences of heteroskedasticity for OLS estimation?
- How can you evaluate the forecasting power of a model?
- List out the causes of coefficient variation.
- Which tests can be used for identifying restrictions?
- What is cointegration?
Q.2: (a) Define econometrics and discuss its scope in detail.
(b) Explain methodology of econometric research by discussing the stages of specification, estimation, evaluation and forecasting.
Q.3: By using the following data, estimate appropriate model and test individual significance of parameters at 5% level of significance. Do the data support the existence of Phillips-Curve relationship (negative relationship between % change in wage rate and unemployment rate)
|% Change in wage rate||5.0||3.2||2.7||2.1||4.1||2.7||2.9||4.6||3.5||4.4||4.0||7.7||5.7||9.5|
Q.4: (a) What are the major causes of autocorrelation in a time series data.
b. Following residuals are estimated for a certain relationship. Apply an appropriate test to detect autocorrelation at 1% level of significance.
Q.5: By considering the following model:
W1 = a1 + Kt + U1
Kt = β1 wt + β2Xt + U2
Prove that α1(ILS) = α1(2SLS)
Q.6: By considering the repression model:
Yt+1 = a + βXt+1 + et+1
Find mean and variance for un-conditional forecasts when
- a is estimated, β is known
- a is known and β is unknown
Q.7: Write note on the following
- Detection on the following.
- Recursive equation system.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Tell us the info you need and we’ll get back to you.