Sergoda University MA English Paper-VIII Fiction – II Past Papers 2017
Here you can download Past Papers of Paper-VIII Fiction – II, MA English Part Two, 1st & 2nd Annual Examination, 2017 University of Sergoda.
Fiction – II UOS Past Papers 2017
M.A. English Part – II
Paper-III(Fiction-II) 1st A. Exam.2017
Time: 3 Hours Marks:100
Note: Objective part is compulsory. Attempt any four questions from subjective part.
Q.1: Write short answers of the following in two lines each on the answer book. (2*10)
- What is the symbolic significance of the voyage of Marlow into the heart of Arfica?
- How does Marlow dispose of the Arfican helmsman’s body?
- How did Mrs. Morel die?
- Why does Paul waver in his feelings toward Miriam?
- Who is William Bankes in To The Lighthouse?
- Write the title of the three sections in to The Lighthouse.
- What was the most significant train of Mr. Brown is Things Fall Apart?
- What does Okonkwo think about his son Nwoye?
- What is the use of Conch for the boys is Lord of the Flies?
- Who killed Simon?
Q.2: Who is the main character in Heart of Darkness, Marlow or Kurtz? Develop an argument showing how one cannot exist without the other.
Q.3: Write a comprehensive note on the relevance of the title Heart of Darkness with reverence to the theme of the novel.
Q.4: Describe the causes and effects of Gertrude’s estrangement from her husband walter Morel in the novel Sons and Lowers.
Q.5: What are the major themes of Virginia Woolf’s To the Lighthouse?
Q.6: How far do you think is Okonkwo responsible for his own tragedy?
Q.7: Discuss the Lord of the Flies as an allegory.