Sargodha University MA English Paper-XI Linguistics Past Papers 2015
Here you can download Past Papers of Paper-XI Linguistics, MA English Part Two, 1st & 2nd Annual Examination, 2015 University of Sargodha.
Linguistics UOS Past Papers 2015
M.A. English Part – II
Paper-XI(Linguistics) 1st A. Exam.2015
Time: 3 Hours (New Course) Marks:100
Note: Objective part is compulsory. Attempt any four questions from subjective part.
Q.1: Write short answers of the following in two lines each on the answer book. (2*10)
- What is Displacement in the study of language?
- What is form function relationship?
- What are infixes?
- What is the difference between connotative meaning and denotative meanings?
- What is generative Grammar?
- What are minimal parirs?
- What is language lateralization?
- What is the difference between derivational morpheme and inflectional morpheme?
- What is the difference between voiced and voiceless sounds?
- What is the difference between code mixing and code switching?
Q.2: When psycholinguists say language is biologically based, do they mean that language has no social or cultural basis?
Q.3: Write a note on the following
- Competence and Performance
- Syntagmatic and Paradigmatic Relationship
Q.4: What is morphology? What are some of the ways of word formation?
Q.5: What is immediate constituent analysis (IC analysis)? What are its limitations?
Q.6: What is articulatory phonetics? Explain with special reference to place and manner of articulation.
Q.7: What are meanings and what are some of the theories of semantics?
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Tell us the info you need and we’ll get back to you.