Sargodha University MA English Paper-IV Prose Past Papers 2015
Here you can download Past Papers of Paper-IV Prose, MA English Part One, 1st & 2nd Annual Examination, 2015 University of Sargodha.
Prose UOS Past Papers 2015
Paper-IV(Prose) 1st Annual Exam.2015
Time: 3 Hours New Course Marks:100
Note: Objective Part is Compulsory. Attempt any four questions from subjective part.
Q.1: Write short answers of the following in two lines each on the answer book. (20)
- How, according to Bacon, men are servant and how they are master in Of Great Place?
- Why Bacon used “OF” before starting his essays?
- Discuss that the charge of misanthropy against Swift is a serious misunderstanding.
- How Gulliver’s Travels is a political allegory?
- What are some of the autobiographical elements found in Lamb’s essays?
- What according to Ruskin is The Crown of Wild Olive stand for?
- What is the message of War given by Ruskin?
- What are a couple of qualities of Russll’s prose style?
- Why is Russell called a prophet?
- What is post colonialism, according to Edward Said?
Q.2: Comments on the following lines:
“If parts allure thee how Bacon shin’d,
The wisest, brightest and meanest of mankind”
Q.3: Discuss Gulliver’s Travels as more than a romantic tale.
Q.4: How can you prove that the pathos is the hallmark of Lamb’s essays?
Q.5: What is the function of a teacher in present day society, according to Russell?
Q.6: Give a critical estimate of ‘Florence Nightingale’ by Lytton Strachey.
Q.7: Keeping ‘Culture and Imperialism in mind what is the place of Edward Said as a political thinker of the twenty first century.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Tell us the info you need and we’ll get back to you.