Sargodha University MA English Paper-IV Prose Past Papers 2017
Here you can download Past Papers of Paper-IV Prose, MA English Part One, 1st & 2nd Annual Examination, 2017 University of Sargodha.
Prose UOS Past Papers 2017
Paper-IV(Prose) 1st Annual Exam.2017
Time: 3 Hours Marks:100
Note: Objective Part is Compulsory. Attempt any four questions from subjective part.
Q.1: Write short answers of the following in two lines each on the answer book. (20)
- What is meant by terse and epigrammatic style?
- Give an example of Bacon’s terse and epigrammatic style.
- What is the question debated at the grnd assembly of the Houyhnhms
- How does the Emperor of Blefuscu receive Gulliver?
- What was the argument between Tramecksan and Slamecksa about?
- What are the Three possible Scenarios for the future of mankind?
- What are the chief advantages of studies as discussed by Bacon?
- What is imperialism?
- Define prose.
- What is the physical appearance of General Gordon.
Q.2: Analyze Bacon’s esay OF Great Place to bring out the salient characteristics of Bacon as an essayist.
Q.3: What, according to Russell, are the main functions of a teacher? What are the difficulties faced by a teacher in performing his functions and how can they be removed?
Q.4: Some would argue that Swift was a misanthrope and that Gulliver’s Travels proves his hatred of mankind. Agree or Disagree with this assessment and support you opinion with example from the text.
Q.5: Discuss the style of Lytton Strachey in the light of Eminent Victorians.
Q.6: What are the major difference between Swift and Bacons prose style?
Q.7: How does imperialism affect the culture of a colonized nation? Discuss Edward Said’s views in this regard.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Tell us the info you need and we’ll get back to you.