Sargodha University MA English Paper-IV Prose Past Papers 2017
Here you can download Past Papers of Paper-IV Prose, MA English Part One, 1st & 2nd Annual Examination, 2017 University of Sargodha.
Prose UOS Past Papers 2017
Paper-IV(Prose) 1st Annual Exam.2017
Time: 3 Hours Marks:100
Note: Objective Part is Compulsory. Attempt any four questions from subjective part.
Q.1: Write short answers of the following in two lines each on the answer book. (20)
- What is meant by terse and epigrammatic style?
- Give an example of Bacon’s terse and epigrammatic style.
- What is the question debated at the grnd assembly of the Houyhnhms
- How does the Emperor of Blefuscu receive Gulliver?
- What was the argument between Tramecksan and Slamecksa about?
- What are the Three possible Scenarios for the future of mankind?
- What are the chief advantages of studies as discussed by Bacon?
- What is imperialism?
- Define prose.
- What is the physical appearance of General Gordon.
Q.2: Analyze Bacon’s esay OF Great Place to bring out the salient characteristics of Bacon as an essayist.
Q.3: What, according to Russell, are the main functions of a teacher? What are the difficulties faced by a teacher in performing his functions and how can they be removed?
Q.4: Some would argue that Swift was a misanthrope and that Gulliver’s Travels proves his hatred of mankind. Agree or Disagree with this assessment and support you opinion with example from the text.
Q.5: Discuss the style of Lytton Strachey in the light of Eminent Victorians.
Q.6: What are the major difference between Swift and Bacons prose style?
Q.7: How does imperialism affect the culture of a colonized nation? Discuss Edward Said’s views in this regard.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Tell us the info you need and we’ll get back to you. Send your Query via Facebook click here