Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship: Fully Funded Scholarship for Overseas Students in Japan
The Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for overseas students who wish to pursue an undergraduate or graduate degree at a Japanese university or graduate school. The scholarship is awarded for the academic year 2024 in the April and September-October enrollment periods.
To be eligible for the Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of a country other than Japan and not currently hold Japanese citizenship.
- Be pursuing a degree or scheduled to enroll or transfer at one of the eligible Japanese universities or graduate schools.
- Be eligible to apply for a student visa in Japan.
- Not have a history of residency in Japan until the month when the scholarship commences.
- Be under 45 years old when the scholarship is awarded (born after 2 April 1979).
- Have Japanese proficiency at least at the JLPT N4 level.
- Never have received the Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship in the past and not be receiving other scholarships or grants in the period of scholarship.
- Have a strong learning commitment while also being healthy physically and mentally.
This is available for all fields of study offered by Japanese universities and graduate schools.
This scholarship provides the following benefits:
- Monthly allowance
- Airfare fee subsidy
Duration of Scholarship
This Scholarship is awarded for two years for all degrees and all enrollment periods.
How to Apply
To apply for the Scholarship, please follow these steps:
- Visit the Rotary Yoneyama official webpage and read all of the information about the scholarship.
- Make sure that you are eligible for the application.
- If you are not a student yet, apply at one of the eligible universities or graduate schools and receive an acceptance letter before the deadline for acceptance letter submission.
- Download the application form from the official website of Rotary Yoneyama.
- Fill out the application form and prepare the admission documents based on the requirements.
- Upload the application requirements to the Yoneyama Scholarship secretariat website before the scholarship admission deadline.
- Receive a confirmation email consisting of an application number for further requirements.
The following documents are required for the Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship application:
- Application form
- Copy of Japanese university or graduate school submitted application form
- Copy of letter of acceptance by the chosen university or graduate school in Japan
- Research plan
- Essay about Objective for Studying in Japan
- Letter of recommendation
- Copy of Japanese language proficiency certificate
The selection process for the Scholarship is based on document review. Some applicants may be invited to attend online interviews, telephone or email questionings, or questionings to applicants’ supervisor.
The final selection announcement will be informed by email around the middle of March 2024.
Number of Scholarship Recipients
Approximately fifteen students will be selected to receive the Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship.
The application deadline for the Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship is October 31, 2023 at 13:00 Japan Standard Time (JST) (UTC+9). The deadline for letter of acceptance submission will be different from the application deadline.
The Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship is a prestigious scholarship that provides overseas students with the opportunity to study in Japan. If you are an international student who is interested in pursuing a degree at a Japanese university, I encourage you to apply for this scholarship.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Tell us the info you need and we’ll get back to you.